Saturday, July 14, 2007

still learning...

Monash University's logo motto is the latin "Ancora imparo", or "I am still learning", attributed to Michelangelo.

Since commencing part-time study in 1989, study that remains ongoing, this statement fairly well sums up my state over the last nearly two decades.

In addition to the formal, structured learning I'm currently undertaking, I have commenced my own informal study of mandarin chinese - primarily based on the ChineseLearnOnline.com
 material.  Lots of resources on the web - of varying quality and usefulness - much of it free of charge.

It's proving to be a very challenging exercise - and has provided some insight into and empathy for the experience of the many Chinese students attempting to learn to a foreign legal system in a tongue that it is not their own.

Zaijian dajia.



No comments: